WombatRPGs Home Forum Index Downloads & Games Arcade

Creating a server in C++

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    WombatRPGs - Forum Index -> Help and Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaymasta3322
Great Member

Joined on: 20 Nov 2006

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Creating a server in C++ Reply with quote

I'm thinking of the one that MineCraft uses, it doesn't seem like it would be too difficult, but I have no clue how to start it. Oh, and this is for a group project in my programming class, we need to make a game that uses a server to connect the players, and also display info that is occurring (basically exactly like the MineCraft one without the resource graph (or with, that would be pretty cool)).

The game that we are going to make is going to be like the Tanks game (the one where you change the angle of the turret and the power of the shot to hit the other tank) but it's going to be multiple spells instead of artillery, and not tanks.

Also, have any of you used OpenGL or something, cause we were thinking of using that also.
Spock_Logic147

Joined on: 06 Jun 2008

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to know a little about openGL, but I never got into it and forgot most of it. I know a good resource for it, though. Check it out: http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial/opengl_introduction.html?utm_source=newletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=thirtieth-followup
psy_wombats
Founder

Joined on: 02 Apr 2006

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why make a server? Just set it up client/server style.
jaymasta3322
Great Member

Joined on: 20 Nov 2006

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know nothing of servers...

Also, we are now using XNA Studios (C#) for the game if that changes anything.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    WombatRPGs - Forum Index -> Help and Support All times are GMT
You are on page 1 out of 1

Go To Forum: