WombatRPGs Home Forum Index Downloads & Games Arcade

WOMBATRPGS FAMILY/CULT REUNION

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WombatRPGs - Forum Index -> Lesser Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aulos
Elite

Joined on: 26 Jul 2006

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: WOMBATRPGS FAMILY/CULT REUNION Reply with quote

Hi.

How are you all doing?
Been a long time since anyone's posted. I go on the site every once in a while when something that was once discussed on here or posted occurs to me. Trying to find that image SL posted of me playing 4 different versions of Pokemon at once - carrying around a DS loaded with Ruby and Black, and a 3DS with Y made me think of that.

If you'd like to participate, follow my lead, and tell everyone what you've been up to these last four years.

We posted on the site a little bit when a good half or more of us went off to college in 2010-2011, and met once that summer, but that was near the end of the road for WRPGs. Creno and I discussed the state of the website in Spring of '12 and he made a RIP topic around that time in RSaI following that with the chat log.

What I meant to say is, 2010-2011 is fine if you want to include it since site activity dropped then, but I definitely would like to hear about 2011 onwards.

I am still enrolled at RISD, as a senior in the Illustration department. My semester ends next Friday and I am buried under a mountain of work to do - for digital illustration alone I have to find a way to dedicate 6 hours a day on average until next Monday. But that's okay, since it's artwork I'm really enjoying doing and the book that is being published with the work of this class will be going out to employers, so it can be significant for some of us. (And it means I get to draw mecha and knights.)

I have been employed since the fall semester of my sophomore year - my job is a super easy work-study position where I monitor a lab - I regularly browse 4chan during that time (even though the post quality there has gone to shit- I'm glad WRPGs went the way it did rather than become a shadow of it's former self) or watch anime. I've rekindled my love for that, but mostly limited to Gundam and other mecha series.

Alongside that I've become a collector of action figures and models, mostly of machines featured in these series I watch, but also any robot toy/model that interests me.

Speaking of love, I've been dating a wonderful girl for the past half year. It's a very new thing to me still.

Other hobbies also now include working out, for the past year and a half. Amidst all the unhealthy things RISD students do to themselves - losing sleep for the sake of their artwork, smoking a large amount of cigarettes daily, and indulging in dining hall food, I've tried to live a healthier lifestyle of 8 hours a sleep every night, a diurnal sleep schedule, a healthy diet, and a minimum of one of hour of exercise a day, with a very structured routine for lifting and running. Recently though, I've been stuck in a rut and regressing for a few months. It's demotivating and I've taken the last week off due to vacation and work, and gaining weight back that I lost while losing some of the considerable strength I built up.

I guess somethings never change and I ramble as usual - I've probably become worse at writing, since I've left most of my liberal arts credits for this year (by accident - I just was more excited to take studio courses in the previous years so left english and such for later.) And while I've cringed at stuff that I've read recently on this site, thinking poorly of my younger self and seeing the excessively personal stuff I used to post, I'm not sure I was able to stay away from doing that too much here. Then again, I feel like it's almost necessary, as that's kinda what the point of the topic is, and we aren't as well connected as we were when we lived close together.

- Aulos
Crenomaster

Joined on: 19 Mar 2008

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't done anything else other than just played Fallout: New Vegas and loitered around in RMN.net until I was banned for posting a GIF of a mouse getting eviscerated in a blender. Ah well, their games were still hilariously low quality anime adaptations, except the Easy Mac games and some of the point-and-click games.

I finally gave up on RPG Maker last year, I guess after I realized that I'd never get anything done because I'm lazy. I've completely left the whole vidyagam making scene, unless you count trying to remake Fallout 3 for the New Vegas engine as game making.

I've been also planning to start a command-driven webcomic that would be mostly just a mix of my past RPG Maker project ideas, mainly the one I promised to release during what, 2012? 2011? It had a dude guy named Sunny in it. I still need to find my own art style that doesn't look like fucked up anime scribbles, and I probably need to convince psy_wombats to sell this site to me for one button and some cat hair.

that's it for now i guess
Crenomaster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, remember when I made that review of Sims 3? Yeah, please don't remind me of that review anymore. Not only I actually like that game now but I also start flipping my shit whenever I remember or see something embarrassing and/or cringeworthy I did in the past.

Oh wait yeah, I've been also planning to get into the flash animation scene, but I still don't know how to use this damn drawing tablet. Been trying for weeks now. Better waste my dosh on something that has a screen on it.
Spock_Logic147

Joined on: 06 Jun 2008

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, what's up!?

After high school, a lot of stuff happened of course.

My freshman year of college I lived in a triple with two gamer guys. They had friends that were very obsessive League of Legends players, which definitively turned me off from MMOs. I started getting into exercising and nutrition and beginning a new life as an adult.

Summer 2011, I had my first (but short-lived) relationship and worked a night-shift job, both of which greatly changed my view of the world and it was all quite fast and confusing. The following fall I built my first powerhouse desktop (Osiris), from parts that I got from a friend for an amazing price. Around this time I started to suffer from long bouts of sleepiness and confusion during the day. This phase lasted approximately a year and a half.

My near-constant confusion caused me to get myself into a decent bit of trouble, including low quality grades in school and briefly "getting engaged" to a very controlling girlfriend. (She put the status on facebook, causing me embarrassment but I didn't want to deal with her incessant request for it, and I had bigger things to worry about). I worked as a cell phone sales representative during parts of this time

Soon later, I discovered that my constant confusion/tiredness was being caused by an extreme sensitivity to dairy proteins. Doctors still haven't figured out what exactly is causing it, but simply ceasing consumption of cow milk products has fixed the problem. This, and a newfound passion for a more healthy lifestyle made my mind a lot clearer.

I broke up with the low quality (now ex) girlfriend, and I got a well-paid job at my school as a systems administrator. I recently completed a project that will allow UMass Lowell to send the contents of our humongous historical database to another one stationed at MIT. Besides this, I'm also very active in the nootropics community (people who research neurochemistry to optimize cognitive function) and I am the chief writer at a website devoted to such matters. My boss there is insane. I'm also learning how to play the guitar after years of owning one.

So that's the story. How's everybody else out there doing? Bring in more people!
psy_wombats
Founder

Joined on: 02 Apr 2006

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll graduate in May and then be working full time at Zynga, probably making Facebook games. That's about it really.
Crenomaster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only "productive" thing I've been doing is making stories in my mind, partly related to the comic I'm supposed to make, and also some Fallout and Wasteland-inspired post-apocalyptic story I might make some day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WombatRPGs - Forum Index -> Lesser Discussion All times are GMT
You are on page 1 out of 1

Go To Forum: