WombatRPGs Home Forum Index Downloads & Games Arcade

So what's your excuse?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WombatRPGs - Forum Index -> Lesser Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spock_Logic147

Joined on: 06 Jun 2008

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: So what's your excuse? Reply with quote

I decided randomly today to come on for nostalgia's sake, and realized that no one, not even Creno has been posting.

I'm assuming that everyone (including myself) has been extremely busy with either school or work, or possibly even just hobby obsession.

My story is that I've had a fairly rough college experience due to personal factors, but I'm graduating this year and have a number of potential software development jobs lined up. Much like Aulos, I've gotten into powerlifting and cars. In addition, I've been doing a lot of web development and studying linguistics and cryptography.

So, what's everyone else's story?
Crenomaster

Joined on: 19 Mar 2008

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been busy with anything. I'm just out of ridiculous things to say.

I went to vocational school, started making a Half-Life mod and I'm also getting drafted this year. I'm not excited.

At this point I don't even know why this forum still exists, seeing as the whole "community" (aka a few guys from Shrewsbury and also some degenerate from Finland) is inactive. psy_wombats would be probably better off using that money for something else than keeping this husk of a site up.
psy_wombats
Founder

Joined on: 02 Apr 2006

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent $40 on an eternity of domain name registration. It's been nearly 10 years since this place started up (Aug 2006) and probably another 10 until it dies, dammit.

My day job is making low quality mobile games and I still make low quality rpgs at night. quack_tape and I actually released a 7day roguelike a few months ago, that was fun.
psy_wombats
Founder

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also I still like the random factoid, I miss when it was plastered on every page
Crenomaster

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized that there were other members on this forum than Aulos, bob_esc, quack_tape, Psy and whatever Alex's name was on this forum.

WHO'S OREOIORIO?
WHO'S NUMBYNUMBNUTS?

WHO THE GOSH DARN TOOTIN IS ZELDA_GEEK_467!?

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE

Aulos
Elite

Joined on: 26 Jul 2006

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUPRISE MOTHERFUCKERS

I actually came on here looking for a tool Psy once made to spit out random names for Project Block from a list of words. Maybe if I was halfway not lazy myself I'd make one myself. I'm not sure if it was ever uploaded here actually. I'd be using that to name the project I'm screwing around with in Unreal Engine 4.

Besides doing that I've been letting my more traditional artwork stuff stagnate and working some menial part time stuff just so I don't get absolutely buried under school loans. I'm lacking confidence in my portfolio so I haven't seriously pursued any corporate jobs or hustled for freelance work. I'm usually not motivated and too depressed to do much these days.
psy_wombats
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp consider me surprised. Good to see you Aulos, thought you vanished off the face of the internet (and maybe the non-internet world as well)

http://wombatrpgs.net/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=44

Would be cool to see what you're doing in Unreal. Also if you /are/ looking for freelance stuff I recently resurrected the snowbound script, so you never know...
Crenomaster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still exist. I haven't just done any posting under the pseudonym of Crenomaster or Nightowl in a long time. That identity's dead for most part, it had to be put down after eating dangerous amounts of toothpaste.

I've been working on a story for some time, but I'm not going to hype about it since I procrastinate way more than I'd want to admit. Still though, I'm writing a draft of the first chapter so that's something I guess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WombatRPGs - Forum Index -> Lesser Discussion All times are GMT
You are on page 1 out of 1

Go To Forum: