WombatRPGs Home Forum Index Downloads & Games Arcade

Story 4.0 discussion/encyclopedia
Go to page Previous page...  1, 2, 3  Next page...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    WombatRPGs - Forum Index -> Forum Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quack_tape
Deity

Joined on: 20 May 2006

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot! The prologue is finished!

I'll admit that his fight with the Reaver could have been longer...and I think I called the guy a Reaper a couple times...meh, not my problem

ideas for chapter 1?

"This is rather as if you imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, 'This is an interesting world I find myself in - an interesting hole I find myself in - fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!'"
-Douglas Adams
Aulos
Elite

Joined on: 26 Jul 2006

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it can begin whenever we want after the prologue, oreoiorio or psy, can jump in. Basically a fresh start. All we have introduced is the characters still alive for the next chapter, and the conflicting forces. The Blackcloaks who dislike Reavers, fighting the Meadra, led by a Reaver in this case, one of the many Amaedeaus has killed.You see, many mysteries remain. As far as suggestions:Darren/Amadeaus duo not in army, No Morini His for a while, return of Eric (much later).. also, we need a plot soon..
Aulos
Elite

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and I forgot to mention.. I agree the fight could have lasted longer, and I'd like to have seen him get an identity - the enemy reaver...
psy_wombats
Founder

Joined on: 02 Apr 2006

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I need to read them all again... Only got through maybe four before losing interest. By the way, when I said no walls of text, this is what I was referring to. By the end of the prologue they're about twice the appropriate length. I'll write later, not necessarily the first chaptery thing.
quack_tape
Deity

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guess what, you can't make rules if you're not a major contributor Razz besides, given that most of those walls o' text would be double posts anyway, so doing it i one post is just more economical

besides, this is sorta my personal project if you think about it...

yeah, updating the guide, I'll do it right now

"This is rather as if you imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, 'This is an interesting world I find myself in - an interesting hole I find myself in - fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!'"
-Douglas Adams
quack_tape
Deity

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATTN All potential scene-writers!!!

even if you read all the scenes, you still need to read the summary at the end. This was stuff I was going to put in the last entry, but it was really boraing and implied any way

also: here's my idea for chapter 1...we make it the narrative of a hunter (or someone else, doesn't matter), and then make the plot out-lined in the prologue a sub-plot to the overall story (because I just realized that powerful characters aren't cool unless you watch them go from weak to strong...or unless they're villains...or just inherintly (sp?) cool)

and keep in mind that no motives have been revealed yet, so start thinking them up!

-Douglas Adams
Oreoiorio
Veteran

Joined on: 16 Apr 2008

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the first scene in the next chapter introduce a new character? Possibly the son/relative of Amadeus (I know that would be cliche if someone ended up making Amadeus evil)? I'm just thinking out loud-err on... what would you call it? on paper?- Wouldn't a prologue have to set up a scene? for something different, not just some more story before the story? otherwise.... its not really a prologue, is it. My thoughts are ally messed up, so nexst time I have an idea I'll just write it in the story.

"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
quack_tape
Deity

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're right, the prologue does set the scene, which menas it doesn't even need to be part of the plot...but it really should be.
and I'll agree with you again because I just don't think the current characters are interesting enough yet...we can keep them in a sub-plot, but I don't want them in the main plot...

-Douglas Adams
psy_wombats
Founder

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll write later. Aulos can start Chapter 1. Even though I got there first...
quack_tape
Deity

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great. now some of the stuff I said in the Project Apathy topic is pointless Sad

I'm counting on you Aulos! make this scene good!

-Douglas Adams
Aulos
Elite

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote the scene, but can't submit it now. Stupid bike!
It's a long and miserable that I don't quite want to get into now, and don't have the time to.

Disregard that! I can do it now!
quack_tape
Deity

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the things I wasn't very happy about with about with that scene (I like to start off with the low quality)
1)the sudden climate change...would it have killed you to make the difference a few months, not weeks?
whatever
2)Nya’hzam is a complicated name, we should try to avoid that sort of thing
3) are Nya’hzam the same as the Hunters? I hope they aren't...we shouldn't randomly make new names for people that we already have names for...perhaps they're the 1337 versions of hunters?
4)how was the forrest destroyed? To the best of my knowledge no-one used anything that powerful as an attack...but I could be wrong

everything else in the scene was fine...I like that the Blackcloaks sorta have a motive now.
and I might have misinterpreted something wrong, if I did, please tell me...and if this message sounds harsh or something, I don't mean it to, I'm just really tired... Sad

also, I'll update teh guide when the next scene comes about

-Douglas Adams
psy_wombats
Founder

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This latest post is a blatant use of multiple scenes. Please refrain in the future. And what makes the chapters separate from the prologue?
Uberking

Joined on: 17 Dec 2006

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to contribute in the future but it looks like you guys are too far into it and i feel too lazy to read
Founder

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I told QT to wait and not to make so big posts. I'm considering sitting this one out as well, just because it's very boring.
quack_tape
Deity

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psy wrote:
This latest post is a blatant use of multiple scenes. Please refrain in the future. And what makes the chapters separate from the prologue?
well, psy...if you don't like it, you can make you own topic, with your own rules...I think it's perfectly obvious what would happen if I sat this story out. (Aulos would carry it on for a while, and then it would eventaully die)
perspectives and scenes aren't the same thing...this was all one scene
and the prologue was the introduction, the plot actually starts now
UK wrote:
would like to contribute in the future but it looks like you guys are too far into it and i feel too lazy to read
That's too low quality, but I guess you can be like psy if you want...you can even make your own story topic! there's nothing saying we can't have more than one going on at the same time Very Happy and it will even start a Darwinian stuggle for supremacy...which can only be good
keep in mind that I'll follow the TC's rules the whole time if I post in one of their topics....
psy wrote:
This is why I told QT to wait and not to make so big posts.
That's not my fault, it's UK's laziness, I've already stated (several times) that the amount of content would be the same, it owuld just be spread out over more posts...
psy wrote:
I'm considering sitting this one out as well, just because it's very boring.
well...I shall respond to that in many ways:
1) look at my advice to UK...now replace the Very Happy with a Twisted Evil
2) this is the rising action, it's kinda supposed to be boring, it won't be soon...if it is, then you can keep on complaining unproductively
3) If you don't want it to be boring, post a scene
4) If you don't want to post a scene TELL ME HOW TO MAKE IT NOT BORING
5) you can't have a good plot based entirely on action...doing such is called: anime and you hate anime...
that is all

-Douglas Adams
quack_tape
Deity

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, this is starting to get ridiculous...You guys have half an hour to call the next scene before I do it...and by reading the comments, I can see that no-one wants that...

-Douglas Adams
psy_wombats
Founder

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll write a chapter next weekend, but not until then.
quack_tape
Deity

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine, that's still calling it...

Thank you very much, good sir

-Douglas Adams
Aulos
Elite

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good grief,... it's about time someone called it. (Not as if I'm innocent)
I hope psy wombats can breath some new life into the story. I bet I wasn't alone in worrying that the story would die.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    WombatRPGs - Forum Index -> Forum Games All times are GMT
Go to page Previous page...  1, 2, 3  Next page...
You are on page 2 out of 3

Go To Forum: