WombatRPGs Home Forum Index Downloads & Games Arcade

Terra Nova Released
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next page...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
psy_wombats
Founder

Joined on: 02 Apr 2006

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Terra Nova Released Reply with quote

The culmination of the Sci-Fi project is here...

http://www.wombatrpgs.frih.net/phpBB2/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=39

http://www.gamingw.net/forums/index.php?topic=77069

That means you should all be playing it and testing for bugs!
RAGNAROK
Elite

Joined on: 07 Jan 2007

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay! we're in second last time i looked!
Deity

Joined on: 20 May 2006

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm honestly surprised...

"This is rather as if you imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, 'This is an interesting world I find myself in - an interesting hole I find myself in - fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!'"
-Douglas Adams
RAGNAROK
Elite

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

insane... but the other one that looks like tetris is owning everything
Deity

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really need to get around to playing that one...Oh well, the current version just finished downloading, so I'll be test playing this instead.

"This is rather as if you imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, 'This is an interesting world I find myself in - an interesting hole I find myself in - fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!'"
-Douglas Adams
RAGNAROK
Elite

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i need to reboot my computer

Joined on: 29 May 2007

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm gonna' be perfectly honest with you but please, take no offense

most of the games made by you guys have these pointless walk sessions, like the whole part before meeting the doctor guy. what is the point of having all those rooms and broken computers? the fight sequences get very monotonous and the melee system is a bit funky because you're fast enough to lay down continuos attacks. As for the gun, there are times when the enemy is on the edge of your screen and you can hit him when he can't hit you. Also, a lot of the time, the enemies won't do anything and you can walk right past them. No offense to the artist, but the faces of the people during conversations are a bit funky.

that being said, i was wondering if i might have a part in the next game you guys make as maybe an artist...

quack_tape wrote:
NNN is pretty
RAGNAROK
Elite

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tahk you for that constructive critisism. you're pretty much right with the battle system, but i think psy will tell you that it is a very hard thing to program in rm2k.
Deity

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't take any offense because you didn't insult the sprites Very Happy

-Douglas Adams
RAGNAROK
Elite

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh heh. you so funny qt. but the sprites are probabley the best part of the game. 'specially the ones i made
Deity

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...you mean the ones that I shaded? Yeah, those were awesome.

-Douglas Adams
RAGNAROK
Elite

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not because you shaded them, but because i made tem

Joined on: 29 May 2007

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sprites are never really that low quality. btw QT, how's that dragon you were making?

quack_tape wrote:
NNN is pretty
quack_tape
Deity

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've paused work on it until I finish testing the game and finish my homework (which is looking more and more menacing by the day. Yipppeeee!!!)

-Douglas Adams
psy_wombats
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Numbynumbnuts wrote:
I'm gonna' be perfectly honest with you but please, take no offense

most of the games made by you guys have these pointless walk sessions, like the whole part before meeting the doctor guy. what is the point of having all those rooms and broken computers? the fight sequences get very monotonous and the melee system is a bit funky because you're fast enough to lay down continuos attacks. As for the gun, there are times when the enemy is on the edge of your screen and you can hit him when he can't hit you. Also, a lot of the time, the enemies won't do anything and you can walk right past them. No offense to the artist, but the faces of the people during conversations are a bit funky.

that being said, i was wondering if i might have a part in the next game you guys make as maybe an artist...

This is more of what we need anyway. Criticism.

Walk session could be shortened, agreed, but I do feel some time is needed between wakeup and Bruno. The glitch about enemies wandering is trying to be solved at the moment. And the continuous combo attack is intentional. I should add a "Combo" message to make it more obvious... And I suppose you're talking about Bruno for faces.

You're welcome to join as an artist. Just watch for an announcement topic titled "GamingW Contest Again!" or something like that and sign up for the dev usergroup. If you can sprite, that's even better.
JMickle
Veteran

Joined on: 03 Nov 2008

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no mention of music, im alright.

plus i agree. I seriously think its a low quality idea making ABSs in RM2k, because no matter how many patches or whatever you use, its gonna take toooo long and be really buggy. LEARN TO USE GAME MAKER. man.

but i have to say you worked hard, no matter that much of your work was pointless Razz

i still want the block game to be in game maker.
quack_tape
Deity

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, NNN, I think you've only seen the two worst pictures so far. Unfortunately, the best ones appear after later in the game...

-Douglas Adams
psy_wombats
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMickle wrote:
no mention of music, I'm alright.

plus i agree. I seriously think its a low quality idea making ABSs in RM2k, because no matter how many patches or whatever you use, its gonna take toooo long and be really buggy. LEARN TO USE GAME MAKER. man.

but i have to say you worked hard, no matter that much of your work was pointless :P

i still want the block game to be in game maker.

No kidding. I got that into my head after Hallowombat as well. Unfortunately, I would get very little support from the resource people here. I can't make that decision; QT, Aulos, RAGNAROK, and bob_esc would all have to switch as well. If I could get what I wanted, I'd probably switch over to Java. Though I'll still try out GM at some time or other...
quack_tape
Deity

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm willing to try GM. It's not like I have a strong connection to RM2k...

-Douglas Adams
JMickle
Veteran

Joined on: 03 Nov 2008

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would everyone else have to switch? there is nothing like the rm rtp to make you have to have the program as well. its completely free reign

and hey, i think java would be amazing because that has even more scope than game maker, though it would be good use something we do have a chance of learning as well xD but i dont mind
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WombatRPGs - Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next page...
You are on page 1 out of 3

Go To Forum: