WombatRPGs Home Forum Index Downloads & Games Arcade

Penguin Vengeance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
psy_wombats
Founder

Joined on: 02 Apr 2006

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Penguin Vengeance Reply with quote

The WombatRPGs entry for the Hidden Agenda contest is all complete! You can play either on Facebook or through the site:
http://apps.facebook.com/penguinvengeance
http://www.wombatrpgs.net/facebook/penguinvengeance
It's an asteroids-esque game where you play a penguin committed to shooting everything that moves.

As this is a contest entry, it would be great if you could put in a good word for us over at the review thread:
HAP board

It feels good to announce games, it really does.
psy_wombats
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I know this is way in advance, but would there still be interest for people working on a project of this scope (and for this purpose) when next December roles around? I know we can do a lot better when all of us are actually working on this, and now I have some flash experience as well.
quack_tape
Deity

Joined on: 20 May 2006

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wanted to work on this project more, but my schedule was just too jam-packed. If we do it during break, I'll almost certainly be able to do more.

"This is rather as if you imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, 'This is an interesting world I find myself in - an interesting hole I find myself in - fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!'"
-Douglas Adams
Aulos
Elite

Joined on: 26 Jul 2006

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plan for it way ahead of time and prepare as many tools and resources as possibly allowed by the contest. Also Psy, if we could it in something besides Flixel, it'd be awesome. And perhaps I'll have a working version of Photoshop at that point and be much better at it.

I've got less of an excuse than QT since I had lots of free time but wasn't sure about the deadline. I'm thinking of taking a bigger workload next winter session, (the more credits the merrier) but I think I'll manage this still.
psy_wombats
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would definitely have a spritefest before we all headed out to school, yeah. That would seem wise. As far as no flixel, why not...? There's no particular limitations with it and it makes my life a /lot/ easier.
Aulos
Elite

Joined on: 26 Jul 2006

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. I thought that was what limited us to using RM-style sprites?
psy_wombats
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, that was a style limitation I imposed on our entry. I wasn't about to make a custom menu and all that jazz, and the default is in 8bit style.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WombatRPGs - Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
You are on page 1 out of 1

Go To Forum: