WombatRPGs Home Forum Index Downloads & Games Arcade

WombatRPGs Random RPG
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next page...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    WombatRPGs - Forum Index -> Forum Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crenomaster

Joined on: 19 Mar 2008

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: WombatRPGs Random RPG Reply with quote

Yes, I'm attempting to make a text RPG again, but this time, unlike in the previous "text rpgs," it will hopefully be actually a RPG. So no autohitting, instantly pwning everyone, general un-roleplay like crap that I, rather viciously, used to spam.

So in a nutshell, I wish to create a RPG like the Communal RPG Psy made ages ago (but eventually died) with randomness of course. Oh and there will be multiple characters, everyone can have one character.

Story: None at the moment, you can suggest some and I wish it would have random elements (though not total randomness)

Rules:
1. Do not autohit.
2. Do not instantly kill anyone. Unless it's a spell (But in case of those, a dice must be used and chance of success mustn't be too high)
3. Do not whore with attributes and skills.
4. Do not create a overpowered character.
5. Be fair, do not always do critical hits, do not always evade attacks.
6. That basic crap y'know.

Character Sheet Example:

Name:
Weapon: (4 weapons at max)
Starting Weapon: (Nothing too strong)
Class: (Can be anything except extremely hyped and overpowered)
Skill: (3 max at first)
Starting Techniques: (2 at first)
Stats:
HP: 1-20
MP: 1-10
Atk: 1-15
Def: 1-15
Spd: 1-15
Mag: 1-15
Strongness: (3 at max)
Weakness: (Varies, if you have 3 strongnesses, you must have 3 weaknesses, if 1 strongnesses then 1 weaknesses and so on.)
Bio: (Biography derp)

Creno's character sheet:

Name: Creno Frazzlearse
Weapon: Various items (rubber bands, spam cans, etc) Guns.
Class: 40% Cyborg Randomizer
Starting Weapon: Rubber Band (Atk +4)
Skill: Random Techniques, can dispense Dr. Pepper with his prosthetic leg and can use Dr. Pepper as a power source for his prosthetic legs that are capable of flying.
Starting Techniques: Frazzle (Causes opponent's brains to decay slowly MP Cost: 3) RandomBash (Creno pounces his opponent, if dice number is 1, Creno does more damage. MP Cost: 2)
Stats:
HP: 11
MP: 5
Atk: 9
Def:10
Spd:4
Mag:5
Strongness: RandomSpells do decent damage, resistant against bladed weapons
Weakness: Huge weakness against almost anything round, weak against Fire, instantly useless near magnets (due to his prosthetic legs being made from iron)
Bio: Creno Frazzlearse is from an unknown country filled with snow, ice, annoying veterans, liquor and metal music.
He has a deep hatred against furries. One day, Creno found a plasma cannon and witnessed furfags raping a horse. Creno opened fire at the furries and thus, amount of furfags was decreased into zero in radius of 500 miles, but as well, the amount of his legs decreased into zero. This is why he has prosthetic legs now.

Last edited by Crenomaster on Thu May 26, 2011 3:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spock_Logic147

Joined on: 06 Jun 2008

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spock's character sheet:

Name: Spock Logic
Weapon: Knives, electrical devices (i.e. Large Subwoofers), and his entry-level kung fu
Class: Engineer
Starting Weapon: Swiss Army Knife
Skill: Computing/electronics, sonic powers, shortbladed weaponry
Starting Techniques: Hack (ability to breach security) Shockwave (sends out an overwhelming wave of sound that can thrust even large objects several dozen feet)
Stats:
HP: 8
MP: 5 (do I really have to use this system?)
Atk: 12
Def:8
Spd:9
Mag:7 (what is this?)
Strongness: High special attack through the use of sound waves, strategically important.
Weakness: Relatively low defense unless an enemy is within stabbing/slashing range, and sound related abilities can be low quality for covert operations as they can be heard.
Bio: Spock is a proud tinkerer with a desire to work with machines and software to enhance his own life to the greatest degree.
Crenomaster

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, accidentally posted this in Videogames. Mods, can you move it to forum games?

Oh and btw, Mag is short for Magic and it should affect your skills' effectiviness but.. eh, I'm too lazy to implement that. It's mostly for show for now I guess.
MP is a little like HP, except it is needed to use skills. Using skills costs MP, but if you don't want to use MP, fine, but don't spam the spells all the time either.

I can start thinking of story after we have few more that feel like playing.
quack_tape
Deity

Joined on: 20 May 2006

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done.

"This is rather as if you imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, 'This is an interesting world I find myself in - an interesting hole I find myself in - fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!'"
-Douglas Adams
Aulos
Elite

Joined on: 26 Jul 2006

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Aulos
Weapon: Prop weapons, toy guns, FISTS OF FURY, improvised art supplies
Class:
Starting Weapon: X-acto blade (Sharpness +1)
Skill: Draw - Simple, is able to replicate or invent recognizable imagery
Karate - Enables him to uses Fists as proficient melee weapons - just as well as someone else could use a sword.
Starting Techniques: Meltdown - Aulos goes apeshit. Trying to reason with him, even as an ally is useless. In turn though he becomes a whirlwind of RAGE!
Seduction - Need I say more? Magical beast, woman, man, child, inanimate object... nothing can resist Aulos's charm. You know it.
Stats:
HP: 10
MP: 7
Atk: 10
Def:8
Spd:5
Mag:7
Strongness: IMAGINATION - how often this comes into practical use is debatable.
Weakness: Huge fear of serpents. Dislike of people and lack of social/charisma based skills.
Bio: Aulos is technically a war-refugee, technically mentally ill and also has an overactive imagination - probably relating to his paranoia and always being ready for a fight.
psy_wombats
Founder

Joined on: 02 Apr 2006

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I'm interested to see where this goes, actually. I'm in.

Name: psy_wombats
Weapon: Chain and whip weaponry
Class: Programmer
Starting Weapon: Extension cable
Skill: Script-fu
- Recharge (0 MP): Spend a turn recovering MP
- Hijack (2 MP/turn): Take control of electrical/mechanical object
Stats:
HP: 9
MP: 7
Atk: 4
Def: 4
Spd: 11
Mag: 9
Strength: Ranged damage and support skills
Weakness: Close-range combat
Bio: Novice programmer more likely to leg it than actually fight anything
quack_tape
Deity

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: quack_tape
Weapon: Exceptionally low quality code.
Starting Weapon: Single letter variable names.
Class: TA
Skill: Screw Conservation Of Mass: MP doubles every turn.
Starting Techniques: (all divisions round down)
-Time dilation-shield: all damage can be prevented one turn by paying half of his MP and then paying another point of MP. The delayed damage can also be delayed.
-Radiation: (Cost: X MP) deals X/(n+1) damage directly to a target's MP. n is the number of total targets chosen.
Stats:
HP: 5
MP: 1
Atk: 2
Def: 6
Spd: 5
Mag: 0
Strengths: Hiding behind other people for a while and then killing everything.
Weakness: Fighting.
Bio: Was raised by wolves before being found by a nice English family. When their car crashed on the journey home, he was raised by wildebeests.

"This is rather as if you imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, 'This is an interesting world I find myself in - an interesting hole I find myself in - fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!'"
-Douglas Adams
Crenomaster

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

* Creno tries come up with a story.
* Creno shoots rubber bands at various objects while trying to come up with a story.
* Creno is thinking.
* Creno accidentally hits a pitching machine and activates it.
* Pitching Machine (50 HP) shoots a baseball at Creno.
* Creno is hit by baseball for 21 damage.
* Creno has been K.O'd.

(My weakness to round objects is a reference to the fact that I hate playing any sports with balls, like baseball, soccer, football, basketball etc because the ball often hits my head)

EDIT: For some reason, I thought that Psy would use Waldsworth as a weapon. I guess that would be impossible considering that Psy is a windup contraption with no arms.
psy_wombats
Founder

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess that'll work as a "story" for now. I'll attempt to hijack the pitching machine and pitch at Aulos.
Crenomaster

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, someone hijack the pitching machine now. I'm still K.O'd and no one else has joined my party yet.
Aulos
Elite

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stats appear to be full of wild discrepancies. Should consider a point or randomized system for those too creno, instead of any value in a range for all numbers. But since they appear sort of arbitrary and irrelevant so far as far as this RP goes..
quack_tape
Deity

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hide behind Creno's corpse and double my MP.

-Douglas Adams
Spock_Logic147

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suddenly, you hear high-fidelity music approaching you from behind.
quack_tape
Deity

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hide from the music and double my MP.

-Douglas Adams
Crenomaster

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd appreciate if you posted like this:
Quack_tape hears music approaching him from behind

But it's not necessary, although it would bring old school feeling.

Anyways:
* Creno wakes up from his unconsciousness, and hands quack_tape a button.
* Creno weakly explains that pressing the button will turn him (temporarily) into a gun.
* Creno is still unable to fight due to having been incapacitated by the Pitching Machine.

Aulos: Yeah, the stats are pretty much just decorative. But anyways, don't make yourself an overpowered hulk either.
Aulos
Elite

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aulos assumes the pitching machine can't swivel and track targets, and dodges to the side.
Aulos then sits down and begins to draw something.
Spock_Logic147

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sharp bass drive occurs, which momentarily puts QT, Creno, and Aulos in a state of confusion.
quack_tape
Deity

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although confused, QT's MP still doubles as he stumbles around.

-Douglas Adams
psy_wombats
Founder

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, seeing as how I was not put into a state of confusion for some reason, I'll attempt to hijack that amp.
Spock_Logic147

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no! Psy manages to hijack the amp, but he only makes it louder! He is thrown off of SL's now-stationary gangster car. The beat, now firing every 3 seconds, is causing a whole lot of racket. Someone very fast has to jump in and lower the volume before being knocked back within the 3 second interval
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    WombatRPGs - Forum Index -> Forum Games All times are GMT
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next page...
You are on page 1 out of 3

Go To Forum: