WombatRPGs Home Forum Index Downloads & Games Arcade

WRPGS IRC?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WombatRPGs - Forum Index -> Lesser Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psy_wombats
Founder

Joined on: 02 Apr 2006

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: WRPGS IRC? Reply with quote

So Crenomaster suggested a WombatRPGs IRC channel. I was wondering how many of you would be interested in using it if such a thing existed?

For those unaware, IRC is basically just a chatroom. The protocol's been around forever, but it's pretty capable. There are web-based clients as well as clients for Android, iPhone, and plain desktop ones. Plugins also exist for Meebo and Pidgin. I'd post tutorials to get connected as well as adding a web client portal.
quack_tape
Deity

Joined on: 20 May 2006

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd use it.

"This is rather as if you imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, 'This is an interesting world I find myself in - an interesting hole I find myself in - fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!'"
-Douglas Adams
Aulos
Elite

Joined on: 26 Jul 2006

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WRPGS IRC? I'd chat the shit out of it.
RAGNAROK
Elite

Joined on: 07 Jan 2007

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fo sho

Joined on: 30 Jul 2009

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my computer's plugged in, I'm on IRC. No exceptions. So a WRPGs IRC channel would be the perfect hangout for me. Just don't expect me to contribute much to the conversation, or use the name FTrapper.
psy_wombats
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, seems like there's certainly enough interest then... Does anyone have any particular networks they prefer? Otherwise I'll probably make the channel on dynastynet or espernet. Let me know.
Aulos
Elite

Joined on: 26 Jul 2006

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of the two you put up, espernet because some channels I've drop in on use it I believe (and esper sounds cooler than dynasty. That's mostly why out of the two...)
Crenomaster

Joined on: 19 Mar 2008

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FTrapper wrote:
If my computer's plugged in, I'm on IRC. No exceptions. So a WRPGs IRC channel would be the perfect hangout for me. Just don't expect me to contribute much to the conversation, or use the name FTrapper.
Try to at least contribute some to the conversation if someone starts talking about RPG Maker 2000 or Secret of The Stars (PLUM-PLUMS'S GOOD!)
FTrapper

Joined on: 30 Jul 2009

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest BadnikNET because it has a large overall emphasis on gaming.
psy_wombats
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, it looks like BadnikNET uses the same bot packages I'm used to, so I figured I'd go ahead and register there.

We are now #wombatrpgs@irc.badnik.net. Feel free to drop by.

For those of you looking for a quick setup, go here:
http://cbe001.chat.mibbit.com/
Under server list, scroll to BadnikNET. For channel, enter #wombatrpgs. Then hit Join and you should be set. I'll post setup information for either mIRC or Pidgin later if you're looking for a non-webbased client, but honestly, IRC isn't that hard to use and you should have no problem getting set up. I'll also make an announcement topic shortly.
quack_tape
Deity

Joined on: 20 May 2006

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^_^

"This is rather as if you imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, 'This is an interesting world I find myself in - an interesting hole I find myself in - fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!'"
-Douglas Adams
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WombatRPGs - Forum Index -> Lesser Discussion All times are GMT
You are on page 1 out of 1

Go To Forum: